Policies and Procedures at the Othmer Library
- All users must sign in using the SAFA Library Sign-In form.
- All students must sign a Copyright Statement form upon first visit to BHS.
- All coats, hats, briefcases, bags, backpacks, and purses are not allowed in the reading room and must be checked upon entrance to the library.
- No food, drink, or gum is allowed in the Library.
- Pencils only may be used for note taking. Readers may not use pens, highlighters, markers, or post-it notes.
- The use of the digital cameras without flash is permitted.
- Theft, destruction or mutilation of the materials is a crime.
- Please maintain the original order of unbound material.
- Materials do not circulate.
- Laptops and tablets are permitted for note-taking.
- Please be quiet and considerate of other researchers.
A three-year, FIPSE-funded program at Brooklyn Historical Society